Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New axie :D

HMAxolotl

Reaction score
I just picked up a new Leucistic axolotl (couldnt resist :p)but I just wanted to check afew things... It's got its to front feet missing and it's tails been nipped by it's previous tank mates...I know you should quarintine new axolotls for 30 days but I was wondering if I still needed to do this as it looks healthy apart from its feet and tail and it had been kept by itself since it lost its legs... Also when I do eventually put it in with mudkip (my other axolotl) do you think there will be any aggression between them and if so how can I aviod this...? Thats all for now and any other advice you could give me would be great and needed asap as im on my way home with it now... Thank you in advance :)

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
It is important to quarantine for at least 30 days, regardless if it looks healthy or not. Just remember, you can't see a virus or bacteria.;)

One thing you can do to reduce agression when you add the new tank mate is to completely re-arrange the whole tank right before you add the new one. This will erase any "territory" the current axolotl has set up. Oh, and of course make sure they are of equal size.

HMAxolotl

Reaction score
Just an update on mudkips new friend he/she has now happily moved in with Mudkip :happy: Im still not sure on a name yet, I change it daily its either squink or spekle but im having trouble making up my mind... Heres some pictures of my smiley little friend :happy:

Attachments

• IMG066.jpg
    IMG066.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG076.jpg
    IMG076.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG084.jpg
    IMG084.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG067.jpg
    IMG067.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 175

AuraCantos

Reaction score
XD Your new little one looks like he/she has a mustache in the second picture. Super cute, though! What a great looking pair. :)

HMAxolotl

Reaction score
Thanks guys :D and hopefully he/she turns out to be a boy so I don't end up having a bearded lady :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!