Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Julia
Here are my five new additions that I received from Germany today . These are from a different source than Eva's./ Evut .
I am housing them in a large plastic box. The substrate is a mixture of coconut fibre, orchid bark and garden soil. I have a couple of pieces of cork bark and a layer of oak leaves. Before I released them I left them in their travelling container with earthworms for a couple of hours..there where not many left over.

Attachments

• P1020920.jpg
    P1020920.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 254
  • P1020928.jpg
    P1020928.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 254
  • P1020918.jpg
    P1020918.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 323
  • P1020923.jpg
    P1020923.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 331
  • P1020926.jpg
    P1020926.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 515
  • P1020924.jpg
    P1020924.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 284
Just commented on FB they really are so very very cute congrats x

Congratulations Julia!
Looks like this species has invaded Hertfordshire in large numbers :D
Hopefully both yours and mine will do well.

Congrats Julia! I think opacum are my favorite ambystomatid. They're so stubby and boldly patterned.

I think they are great. Every time I look in there are little heads poking above the leaves, they seem such jolly little things. This morning one was relaxing on one of the small branches I had put in. They seem to be eating well on the chopped earthworms I had left in a shallow box for them ( I used the one they travelled in). I have also put woodlice and small slugs in prior to them arriving. I fear I will spoil them ~ just ordered some tropical woodlice :D

They are lovely, Julia.
I´ve always liked this species and your animals have really nice color.
A little of bit of spoiling is benefitial :p
Best of lucks with them, i hope you and Eva get to flood the european market with these :D

I had been worrying that they weren't feeding...

Attachments

• P1030070.jpg
    P1030070.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • P1030075.jpg
    P1030075.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 353
  • P1030084.jpg
    P1030084.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 229
Really pleased with this picture, so I wanted to share it with you.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 314
Gorgeous little fella :)
You should enter this one to the calendar competition.

I agree with the above! I have always like opacum for their vivid white patterns.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the comments. They are very pretty, but really wish they where a little bit more visible.

Marbled are always the cutest little things, albeit somewhat shy. The last pic shows how very beautiful their little faces are.

Congrats Julia! I think opacum are my favorite ambystomatid. They're so stubby and boldly patterned.

I Agree, simple yet stunning. I curse the California law which prevents my keeping them :cry:

just got a pair of these myself yesterday. they are so cheeky looking
d.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back