Question: NOOOOOOOOOoooooo! my tank busted.....

Skilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Grace
So I was wondering if any of you wonderful people lived in Michigan around Grand Rapids and maybe had a 40 gallon long tank you wanted to get rid of?????

Just thought I would ask. My axies are living in a bucket as of 30 mins ago....:(

Or do any of you know if it is possible to fix a tank??? :sick:

the small end of it, 12x16 in or something, is what cracked (because my painting fell off my easel and broke it... go figure....)

Can panels be replaced??

Oh NO, Grace!! Been there done that...Hope someone can help you! Check Craigslist for your area - or even post, you might get lucky...Hope everybody is okay and the water didn't do too much damage. Keep us posted! :D

Aargh! What a nightmare! 'Suppose the advantage of having them in a bucket is you could carry them to work or to the shops with you ;)

Hope you get a replacement tank sorted v soon!

x

Luna and Kahlua are ok Shannon ;) hehe. They are just chillin' in their bucket going.... "what the heck just happened?!......hey, why are we in a bucket?......any worms in here?"

I'm bummed. That was such a nice tank! And it was only 20$.. from craigslist hehe. So yes I checked it again and found maybe 1 or 2 for 40$ I might be able to get if they still have the tanks!! :lame:

Haha thanks mewsie. Yes, bring your axies to work day hehe :-D
If I can't get a large tank soon I will have a smaller tank they can live in for a short time here soon!

kahlua and luna planned this, you know, they wanted a new tank;).
Glad everyone is ok tho.
good luck at finding them another tank.

Those sneaky little critters! haha. They shouldn't be wanting a new tank. lol. They had a four foot long one! haha now they are in a bucket... hope they are happy. :D

Thanks though Lea, I hope I find a new one soon too!

who knew painting could be so violent, destructive, and dangerous eh? soooo very very reckless

Did the glass actually crack or did the corner separate? If the panels separated then you can use aquarium sealant to repair, if it is cracked then hard to repair and a new panel cut to size might cost you more than new aquarium. Have a 50gallon you can have but shipping might be expensive:)

hehe thanks Mizzerman. I think I am going to try and repair it. the panel shattered but I think I can get a new piece cut for a decent price. we shall see though! ;)

Hey Grace!

Just a note on DIY repairing. In case you didn't know, you will want to remove all old silicone before applying the new seal. Old silicone won't adhere to new silicone - I, of course, found this out the hard way...:( ;)

Interesting. I will keep that in mind! ;) Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back