Question: What is going on with my newt??

zarnia79

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Zarnia79
Hi I reported a problem with my newt last week and I was told it looked like blisters....I still have him quarantined and I have been keeping his water clean and treating him with Melafix but he looks worse....check out the image...he keeps shedding too in patches..to me it looks like layers of skin that have built up and need to come off..or if it was blisters could have burst?? He is still lively and active.

Any other ideas people??
Thanks in advance! xx

Attachments

• cecil.jpg
    cecil.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 125
Can newts get Ich? I am not entirely sure but I believe it is possible.

Re: What is up with my Firebelly newt? is he just having shedding problems?

sad day. . cecil unfortunately just passed away :( i don't know what he had he has been ill since i bought him. only had him two weeks too . . he just seemed to get worse and worse. r.i.p cecil you will be missed. x x x x

I´m very sorry the poor fella didn´t make it...it´s another horror story of pet-shop bought imports...:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back