3 Days Giving Birth!

andyarroyave

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi guys i think one of my female axis is having problems laying its eggs. I have 3 female axis that have produced eggs and all of them have done it in a day. Now I have the 4 one (the biggest female) started to give birth on Monday night and today its still doing it, it appears to be more difficult for her than it was for the others.

Its this situation normal?, is there something that I could do to help her, I’m afraid she may get sick or die because of it.

Please Help!

Thank a lot

Andy

What are the symptoms exactly? It's unlikely that she is having difficulty laying eggs. It seems more likely that she has a digestive problem, such as impaction.

Well she has given birth to several eggs but she continues swimming around the tank like if something was bothering her, her tommy is swollen and she doesn’t want to eat.

Im afraid she is not ok, the last few days she hasn’t been eating and today i saw that she was trying to lay another egg, I grabbed her and pull It out with my hands but she seems to have plenty more jammed in her tommy, i dont know what to do any more.

Can anybody help me please...

Thanks a lot

Andy

Would you be able to post a photograph of her?
Have you separated her from her tank mates?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back