Hello everyone!

twistedfisher

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Michael Steffen
Hello I'm mike AKA Twistedfisher. Now that name has many meanings but i adopted it long ago when i started keeping shell dwellers. I love them little bundles of attitude.

I currently have 19 tanks with many different fish and inverts. 8 different live food tanks and about 6 different worm/beetle cultures going. I plan to make the step to total live foods in the next year. Is it work? yes but it also rewarding when your fish have a great hunters instinct.

Other then that i got 5 kiddos 18,16,10, and 4.5 yld twins :eek:

Wife hates fish but it keeps me home so shes don't whine too much!

Welcome, Michael! This may be a dumb question, but what do you mean by shell dwellers? I'm thinking turtles, but i suspect that isn't what you mean.

Shell dwellers are the little cichlids that live in shells. Every shell has a twist to it and so do I ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back