Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The Newbie

Imy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am Imy from Ireland. Pronounced like Jimmy with out the j, haha.

Ive been thinking of buying an axie for quite some time now and any time Ive goggled something to do with them this site and Axolotls: The Fascinating Mexican Axolotl and the Tiger Salamander were always the first to pop up.

I know of a woman trying to sell two axies and a tank for €150 and am contemplation weather or not to get them.

I appreciate all the help and advice i will receive in the future.

Look forward to talking to many of you in the near future.

Imy:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

freya

Reaction score
first of all: welcome imy!!
and second of all: ask what are the sizes of the tank and the sizes of the axy's?
are they in good condition as far you van tell? read on this forum about conditions of the animals if theyre ill,healthy,stressed,to small housed or good cared off!
look at the little animals and if youre not sure about theyre conditions or if theyre healthy or if theyre housing is to small,dont do it!
first do youre digging about what they need to live healthy and get a tank! than youll get axy's!
and try to get them from a breeder instead of a petshop!
its not to freak you out about the lady you know or something but be carefull with sales that includes tanks! most of the time theyre in bad shape or theyre kept in bad conditions for a longer time! so be sure if theyre healthy kept and all before youll take them!

regards sandra

Ken Worthington

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! There's loads of good info here, and feel free to ask any questions :happy:
Good luck with your future axies!

(PS. I used to live in Co Cork, happy times :cool:)

Imy

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes.

______

Thanks for the information sandra.

Definitely going to check that out with the tank and their conditions first.
______

Hey Ken.

I've noticed that there is a whole bunch of information on this site. Definitely the best site before i do buy the axies.

(Go on the rebel county. haha)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1