Filter problems!

mahialise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, was wondering if you could shed any light on my filter.

I'm just in the process of setting up my tank and the treated water is in, about 70ltrs, in a 3ft tank,

my filter is the Interpet Internal Powerfilter PF4 which is for up to 127ltrs.
there's no water coming out the top of the filter which is what I assume it's supposed to do and it's very noisy.

it's been running about 10 minutes now and nothing has happened.

Anyone know what's up with it?
x

Sounds like the impeller isn't submerged. Make sure the entire filter is filled with water.

That was it, I figured it out just after posting and now I look like an eejit.

I think my filter is to big, looks like I'll have to downsize It's so noisy!

oof!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back