Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Axie Prices in Ireland

Imy

Reaction score
Just wondering,

People who have purchased axolotl recently in Ireland.

Can i just ask around what prices have you bought them for?

I know of a pet shop selling them for €60 each.

Is this a reasonable price or is it better/higher than normal.

Thanks.
Imy

JellyBones

Reaction score
are these adult axolotls? and what type are they? like lucistic,gfp,wild type,golden,albino ;D u get it

if there juvies or babies i think its a bit high

SanderB

Reaction score
60 euro is way to much. The maximum price I would give for an adult axolotl is 15 euro.
I have 1 white axolotl (15 euro), 1 black (16 euro) and 1 golden (traded for 50 eggs from my black and white). I had a white one for 15 euro, 3 golden for 20 euro.
I sell my youngsters (+-10 cm) for 5 euro.

Imy

Reaction score
are these adult axolotls? and what type are they? like lucistic,gfp,wild type,golden,albino ;D u get it

if there juvies or babies i think its a bit high

Im not too sure how old they are but they are roughly between 4 and 5 inches i would say. they are white lucistic in colour.
I didnt buy it as i knew that the price was very high.
I was in Dublin, Ireland today and a pet shop there will be getting them in some time next week and the are only charging 25 euro for one and 45 euro for two.
Usually they get the gold and white albino and i think they said the wild type.

SanderBRe: 60 euro is way to much. The maximum price I would give for an adult axolotl is 15 euro.
I have 1 white axolotl (15 euro), 1 black (16 euro) and 1 golden (traded for 50 eggs from my black and white). I had a white one for 15 euro, 3 golden for 20 euro.
I sell my youngsters (+-10 cm) for 5 euro

Can i ask you if you have any youngsters for sale preferably white or black.
And would you know the prices to post some to Ireland???
I understand if you do not have any available at the moment, but seeing as i am not buying one untill after Christmas i am willing to wait.

Thank you all for your comments.

Imy

Imy

Reaction score
Im not too sure how old they are but they are roughly between 4 and 5 inches i would say. they are white lucistic in colour.
I didnt buy it as i knew that the price was very high.
I was in Dublin, Ireland today and a pet shop there will be getting them in some time next week and the are only charging 25 euro for one and 45 euro for two.
Usually they get the gold and white albino and i think they said the wild type.

Can i ask you if you have any youngsters for sale preferably white or black.
And would you know the prices to post some to Ireland???
I understand if you do not have any available at the moment, but seeing as i am not buying one untill after Christmas i am willing to wait.

Thank you all for your comments.

Imy

Also, is there a quarantine period for import/export of animals?

THANK YOU AGAIN

Nimby

Reaction score
I doubt you'll get someone to send you one to Ireland from mainland Europe. I think it'd probably a) cost a fortune and b) be rather traumatic for the amphibian. I'm sure if you're patient you can find one closer to home.

funckychic

Reaction score
hi were in dublin was this , i hav an axol a few years now and that is way to expenseive . 15 -20 euro .there are breeders in ireland who love there axololtls .

trish dublin ;)

Imy

Reaction score
hi were in dublin was this , i hav an axol a few years now and that is way to expenseive . 15 -20 euro .there are breeders in ireland who love there axololtls .

trish dublin ;)

This was a lil pet shop off O'Connell street. when I was there I think there was a gaming exhibition on in the exhibition hall at the top/bottom of O'Connell street. (passing by the Dublin bus headquarters walking from the spire) go left and should be on Parnell street. think it was called PET PALACE?? Might be wrong.

I know of a pet shop in cork that sold them for that price but unfortunitly he cant get his hands on anymore. he knows of a breeder in cork but apparently he cant get his contact details.

Plus I do not really trust this pet shop as I have (as have many others) had a very bad mortality rate with his animals instead of other trusted pet-shops. If you know of anyone in Cork who would have 1 for sale could you please pm me. Or if a breeder/person (in Cork preferably) with axies for sale please PM me.

Thanks for all the comments..

Jadore axolotl

Reaction score
I got my two axolotls for €22 each, I got a leucistic in petmania in carlow about 2 years ago and a wild type in petmania in Wexford about 1 year ago. The cheapest I have seen axolotls in Ireland is €18 and that was in petmania in wexford about 6 months ago or more. neither of those stores had axolotls the last time I was in though but they can order them in on request so perhaps you just need to ask around?

HannahGl

Reaction score
Just to add my two cents (excuse the pun)

I've never paid more than €18 for my axies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!