Boy or girl??

helobed

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Ollie
not really too sure if this axie's a boy or a girl, kind seems inbetween in my experience :confused:... opinons anyone??

thanks!

Last edited:
I'm not good at these but i think thats a slightly undeveloped male.

Mel

How old/how big is the axolotl?

If it's full size, I'd say male. The belly isn't very large.

Looks like a male to me.

Based on the color of the gills I'd say it's a female....I don't think any male would be caught walking around wearing gills that color.

Based on the color of the gills I'd say it's a female....I don't think any male would be caught walking around wearing gills that color.

:grin:

Looks grown enough to me, I'd say female.

It looks like Florence did. Florence had the female body shape too. She was 19 months old and full grown before she decided to be a bulging boy lol.

This one has (from this pic) a male shape.

Mel

hmm yer, he/she/it's quite large about 10-12 inches, not sure how old though. So I was thinking either a large but immature male or just a big female... although it was supposed to be a boy

:ha::ha::ha::supercool::rofl:

At that size, you can probably be safely assured it's a boy.

I always was pretty sure my axie was a girl but then one day SHE decided to be a male. I think it's just guessing now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back