Fan Success!

carsona246

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Carson
Just wanted to report how much success I had with using only a clip on fan to lower the temperature of my 40 breeder tank. While searching the forum hoping to find info on peoples success with using fan's I couldn't find much info, so I thought it would be helpful to tell everyone how much one 7 inch clip on fan lowered my temperature from 70 to 62 over the course of one day. After two hours I didn't notice any drop, and was pretty discouraged, but after I left for my classes, and came back like 6 hours later it had dropped a full 7 degrees f. I did have it on the highest setting, which I may or may not keep it on, as 62 seems pretty low, and the highest setting is kind of loud, but I'm happy to report I no longer have any fears of keeping the temperature down to an appropriate level.

Just wanted to report how much success I had with using only a clip on fan to lower the temperature of my 40 breeder tank. While searching the forum hoping to find info on peoples success with using fan's I couldn't find much info, so I thought it would be helpful to tell everyone how much one 7 inch clip on fan lowered my temperature from 70 to 62 over the course of one day. After two hours I didn't notice any drop, and was pretty discouraged, but after I left for my classes, and came back like 6 hours later it had dropped a full 7 degrees f. I did have it on the highest setting, which I may or may not keep it on, as 62 seems pretty low, and the highest setting is kind of loud, but I'm happy to report I no longer have any fears of keeping the temperature down to an appropriate level.

7degrees lower from only one fan sounds really great!. Do you perhaps have som photos to share? it would be good to see how you have placed that fan

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back