Question: Axolotl Breeder in Melbourne Austraila... Are you out there??

Bek Sim

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hello my name is Rebekah Sim and im an axolotl lover and looking for a female blue axolotl... i kno they are really rare but i am up for the challenge to start breeding soon i have an male who is mature enought at nearly year an half... and i was wondering if i could get in contact with some breeder.. to get my hands on a blue female.. Also to get some advice for breeding and feeding etc.

Hi Rebekah,
Sorry I'm not a breeder i can't help you, but I just wondered if and when you do breed you beautiful blue axolotls if you would mind contacting me because i would be very interested in buying a juvenile from you.
I live on Mornington Peninsula so would be happy to pick up from melbourne.
My email is ellen.b6@bigpond.com
Thanks

Blue?!?
I've only recently hesard of the UV reactive (the name escapes me) ones + the other day the black + white (harlequin?) ones.
Can someone post a picture (or link) of a blue axie please? :eek:

I've heard of one, this is a picture of the bluest I could find, but I don't know if it is real, or the lighting/camera/colour enhancing.
Axolotl_t2.jpg

http://www.caudata.org/forum/f1-gen...5275-favourite-strangest-colour-axolotls.html

Blue?!?
I've only recently hesard of the UV reactive (the name escapes me) ones

UV reactive? This makes me think of super hero axolotls. Axolotl Man who saves the world vacuuming one super villain at a time into his gaping black hole of a mouth. Could also be good for the world pollution problem :p

... I think you meant to say UV active :D

UV reactive? This makes me think of super hero axolotls. Axolotl Man who saves the world vacuuming one super villain at a time into his gaping black hole of a mouth. Could also be good for the world pollution problem :p

... I think you meant to say UV active :D

Errrr...
May...be ;) My mind was thinking along the lines of there's a reaction of UV light :eek:
It was past midnight here though :p
And, I'm fairly darn sure that's fake blu-ing, but made me smile, so thank you Sarah :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back