Photo: Axo Larvae

Grete

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Kameko
My leucistic female (Bonnie) laid eggs on November... 10th, they started hatching out on the 24th. They're almost at the one month mark and starting to take frozen daphnia. Any idea what colours they may be? They seem to change constantly. Most hatched out dark and stayed darker (dad's wildtype) but now are lightening up alot. Not sure why I've never posted any photo's of them on here yet...

AxoLarvaDec20.jpg

AxoLarvaDec20-2.jpg

If the fathers is a wild type than this one will be dark in colour to I think.

Hmm, looks like little wildtypeys to me :D

I failed to mention... reason I said larvae is because the photo's are of 2 different ones. Maybe I should post some photo's of others....

Those are so adorable! I would love to see more pictures!

I'll have to take more photo's tomorrow, until then, here's a short clip of them feeding. I made it mostly for others in British Columbia as axolotl's are almost unheard of here, just that odd looking amphibian on the cover of a magazine.

YouTube - Axolotl Larvae meet BBS

Or leucistics ofcourse (I'm not good with 'babies', lol)
Cute video :D They do omnomnom all the way :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back