Have 13 day old embryos...any tips?

scouter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a new member and have 13 day embryos that I lucked into...I am a science teacher so have been recording their daily growth with a digital microscope for my students to see while on break. I have read (several times) the rearing page but still have many questions regarding getting these babes to living a fulfulled axolotl life. I will have to drive 45 minutes to get live food (do I start with brine shrimp? I can order dapnia but postage is killer from carolina and wards....aquarium store says they have copepods...can I feed them those after they hatch?) What do they look like after they "hatch? will it be noticably different from them in their little bubble? the are about 8-9 mm in length and I have about 30. If i move them to seperate containers prior to them "hatching" what type of container can anyone recommend?

Sorry this went unanswered so long. As you can tell, the axolotl people don't bother reading the Introduction area of the forum. And I see from your newer posts that you have found your way over there and are getting your questions answered. Welcome!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back