Swissaxie

SwissAxie

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hey,

I'm from Switzerland, and I've lived in the States for three years a few years back. So I guess it's about time I join this forum ;)
I frequently visited caudata.org when I first started with Axolotls quite a while ago.

My house is half filled with water :D I've got about 15 tanks of various sizes (the smallest one holds about 10 gallons, the biggest one holds almost 200 gallons) housing various fish and amphibians.

The axie on my avatar is a melanoid wild type axolotl. So he's not black. The special thing about him is that he actually DOES have a few iridophores, but they are all hustled together on ONE single branch of his gills (the uppermost on the right). All the rest is perfectly melanoid. He's a fun cake.

Cheers from Switzerland
Barbara

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the forum!
Where in Switzerland are you from? I lived and worked over there for a year and visit at least every 2 months, its a beautiful country!

Completely at the other end of the lake! Around Coppet/Nyon, I was working in Geneva.

Hello,

Well, I've lived in Geneva for 10 years, up to the year 2000 :)
It's the opposite side of the lake (the other side of the banana ;) ), but not that far away, actually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back