Greetings from Perth,WA

Striker

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,
I'm now the proud owner of my Axlotl "OJ" since christmas 2010. My first real pet and I hope that with you guys help I will be able to take real good care of him. Looking forward to being a part of the community.:happy:

Hey welcome to the forum!
How are you finding OJ? Is he settling in nicely?

Thanks Rob
I'm finding myself becoming quiet attached to him:happy:. Worried about a lot of stuff though...mainly tank cooling in the hot perth weather (for which I'm using frozen bottles of water for) and his tank (Its currently just sand and a large rock in the center). The rock provides his hiding places but it is pretty rough, he hasnt hurt himself on it thus far and im hoping it stays that way..

Ah cooling can be a big problem! hopefully you'll be able to find some good ideas on the forum. Could you not wear down the sharp edges?

An update on OJ :)
He is settling in quiet well, I have worn down the rock edges and outfitted his tank with plants and river rocks. So far he appears to be very happy. I'm hoping that trend continues. Cooling with ice bottles seems to be working as well. Thanks for your advice Rob

Welcome to the forum and possible axolotl addiction. :D

How about posting us some pictures in the axolotl section of OJ and his new home. Would love to see him .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back