Newbie- Fire Bellied Newts

Juujinx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I've seen this forum for a long time and decided to finally get on here at least to lurk and read some good material. :D I've just recently ended up with a little fire bellied newt that I have created a habitat for and am interested in finding more and want to make sure that I don't end up with something WC. I love pretty much all animals (a little too much considering I keep ending up with them) and have always had a fascination with newts and salamanders.

Well, welcome to the forum, officially!
Is the newt a Hypselotriton (Cynops) orientalis? The first step is to make sure of the species so that if you get more animals, you get the same species.
If it is, then finding CB ones might be a bit tricky. Since few people breed them, they tend to be available intermitently. If you are patient you will find some, that´s for sure, you just might have to wait a bit.
All animals available from shops will be WC, so to obtain CB ones, check with hobbyists.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back