Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Any advice on putting axis together?!! (oh and im new so hi everyone!!)

ali23

Reaction score
hi everyone! Ive searched this site a lot but only just signed up so thought id intruduce myself! I have two axolotls.. one female, golden around 4 years old and the other a male, lecuistic around 2 years old. They are in seperate tanks.

I was wanting some advice on putting them together.. i have wanted to do this for some time but have always wimped out!! My female axi is pretty big and the male is a lot skinnier and a little shorter in length so looks quite a bit smaller compared to the female. I was waiting for him to grow to the same size before putting them together but it just isnt happening!!!

Also, im not sure if the older one has been on her own too long for another axi to be introduced to the tank? If this is the case then Ill just leave them in their seperate tanks... Any advice or opinions would be great! :) thanks, ali :bowl:

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Just make sure your tank is big enough and has enough hides for them to get away from each other.

ali23

Reaction score
thank you :) got plenty hides... might consider getting a bigger tank though and ill try them out together!!:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!