Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Swollen cloaca? (lol)

iAxolotl

Reaction score
Well i discovered my golden albino ( I got him for a week now) has swollen balls or whatever it is called.
I try to make more pics, My other axie got nothing :S
Edit: He's also walking the whole time with his backpart of his body floating :S

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,141
Last edited:

DeCypher

Reaction score
Re: Swollen balls? (lol)

That's called the cloaca. That doesn't look very good. I am not experienced with this kind of stuff, but it might be cloaca prolapse (?)

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score

Before you go into a full blown panic, could you post some more pictures of your axolotl. Full length and so on. I am not too worried about their size, my axolotl males seem to get larger every now and then. But more pictures would help confirm if there is anything to worry about.

blackdog

Reaction score

it doesnt look quite like the photos of prolapsed cloacas i've seen, but it does look a little swollen.

More pictures, water parameters etc will help you get help

Bren

iAxolotl

Reaction score

Well after 2/1 Hour(s) it became back to normal :S
So i can't make more pictures of it.

Anubis

Reaction score
Good! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you ^_^().

melfly

Reaction score
From that photo, it looks like my leucistic males cloaca when he is dropping spermatophores.

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1