How stupendous is this Forum!!??

eldaldo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Patrick
I don't know why I am choosing this particular point to say this, but I really think this is the best online community I have ever been a part of. I found the site through a google search in 2006 and have since then been amazed at the quality of discussion and information found on the site. The community contains all of the leaders of the hobby, who have years of experience, and anyone off the street who decides they want to raise a newt comes here and is immediately bombarded with people eager to help and inform them.

I usually keep an eye on the help section and the vivarium section since those are the two places i feel like I can occasionally help, but every time I see a post, there have already been multiple answers from people more qualified than me. I have not found that at any other online community (I also am part of some planted tank forums, and a bonsai forum, which are my other hobbies).

Ours is such a specialized hobby, that I think it allows the sort of individual attention found on this site. When i first bred my Newts, I would have been lost without the help from people on this site. It is almost to the point where buying any sort of caudate care book is pointless because the most accurate and up to date information for every species is found on this site.

So I guess in summation, Huzzah Caudata.org! Kudos to you John for founding it, and kudos to all you amazing hobbyists out there who participate in this awesome community! I think you are the best!

Does anyone else agree?? (not to pat ourselves on the back or anything . . . hehe)

Last edited:
I agree. I am a part of many other forums, and they are not nearly as good as this one. Most forums are usually just people trolling on the internet. This forum actually has a good purpose, and it is by far my favorite. I just wish more people would join!

What a wonderful post!
I agree entirely and feel honoured to be part of this great forum :cool:

ditto. I found this forum only recently, but up until that point I thought I must be the only newt nut on the planet. At least, I'd never met another newt nut (still haven't, in person - I still think that maybe all of you are just figments of my deluded mind...).

I agree the information here is far better and more detailed than any I've seen in books. Which makes me think that the people doing this site - the experts who have kept and bred all those species - should really come together and write the ultimate newt care book.

Eh?

We are 12,000+ members strong!

But without all of you, there would be no need for this forum! So thanks to everyone who comes to visit to allow us to help :)

What a lovely post.
I came here a few years ago looking for more information on axolotl.....and never left. My husband says this site is like my 5th child :rolleyes:

I agree the information here is far better and more detailed than any I've seen in books. Which makes me think that the people doing this site - the experts who have kept and bred all those species - should really come together and write the ultimate newt care book.

Eh?

I was thinking about that recently too, there are some dubious books I've come across on the subject. One specifically infamous one about keeping axolotls springs to mind. If we can publish a calendar of axolotls, why not have a go at a really good book about caudate care?

I only regret i didn´t find this forum earlier xDD

Not only has the forum really helped me out, I've made some great friends in the process. Thanks to all of you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back