Hello, I need a little help

willowgahr

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi, im new at blogging or anything at that nature, so once i get this understood it will be much easier for me.
I have recieved alot of information helping me along with raising my salamander from this site and im really hoping that everyone will help me out.
well i have a tiger salamander that is morphing into the adult stage; her name is sparkles. i have her in a 10 gallon takn with some water and some rocks to climb on. my mom bought her at the mall for me, but she didnt do much research befor buying her for me. i need to change the habitat. Im not 100% sure how to setup a habitat for her. I know many of the things i need for a habitat for her adult stage but many of the supplies are not within 50 miles of me. I dont know what should be best for her. What would be best that people would have around the house or can be bought at walmart. Since walmart is the only big store easily accessed in my area. If anyone can help me that would be great!

Amazon.com: Zoo Med Eco Earth Compressed Coconut Fiber Substrate, 3 Bricks: Kitchen & Dining

This is what you can use for your main bedding,

Amazon.com: Zoo Med New Zealand Sphagnum Moss, .33 Pounds (150 grams): Home & Garden

^ This can be used as decor and to retain some more humidity

That will allow your tiger to burrow and feel safe. You should also add at least one hide and an optional water dish.

Hope this helps, I'm sure more people will add suggestions. :] Add pics!

This video should give you some insight, also shows a suitable habitat for a juvie (morphing) sized tiger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWSucRZd8Cs

Last edited:
Home Depot has everythingyou could ever dream of for tiger salamanders! The tanks don't have to be fancy, just functional. I use EarthGro brand topsoil for years and haven't had a problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back