Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Temp and current

OpalRaven7

Reaction score
a few weeks ago i moved my 2 axies from a 10 gallon to a 29 gallon aquarium. i was hoping with the bigger tank the temp would drop a little bit because the temp on the 10 gallon was 70-72F which i know is too high. so now they are in the 29 gallon but the temp is still 70F. i try and keep my room temp at 70F sometimes it goes up a degree or 2 but for the most part it is 70F. the water in the tank does evaporate fairly quickly i think, and the filter out-take stirs up the water currents so i didnt want to add a bubbler because i know they dont like high water current. i am just not sure what else i can do to lower the tamp and also if i need top do something to lower the current in the water???

zoezakella

Reaction score
HI there, I have always had probs with temp aswell and I have just upgraded from a 3ft to 4ft and temp wise it has made no difference!

have you tried a clip on fan they are great??

Zoe

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you're having problems with your axies, I wouldn't worry about 70F. My tank is usually right around there.

The larger tank will be the same temperature as your room. It just takes longer to warm up/cool down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!