Ordering from AGSC

axolotlfriend

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve been doing a lot of research on axolotls and of course at some point in time the AGSC came up. Its pretty amazing all the different information on their site available, not to mention all the axi’s and supplies.

I see there are a lot of stipulations to ordering from them and you have to register with them before ordering. Its posted on there site that they HAVE changed their policies to allow school teachers to order from them. I have a few friends that are middle school and high school teachers. Do you think it would be feasible to have them order some axolotls for me?

Also, they are kind of vague on shipping charges. I see they add on $10 for handling but does anyone have any idea on how much shipping would be? One of my biggest problems with getting an axolotls is some of the exorbitant shipping fee’s. buy-axolotls.com has a $70 shipping fee :confused:. I don’t want to get stuck with something similar.

Hi I'm new to axolotls too, and am happy to say I purchased a couple just a few days ago. I found a great deal on the classified section here. Why not look there? Shipping is going to be around $30 for over night service no matter who or where you order from. I think that ordering from a forum member would be a lot less of a hassle than ordering from AGSC, if that's even possible. For less than the buy-axolotls.com shipping charge, I was able to purchase two nice axolotls, shipping included.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back