Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

It has been a year!

RobM

Reaction score
Hey all,
After months of lurking hidden in the forum, this day last year was the day I finally decided to sign up!
I considered posting a list of special mention and thanks, but I felt the list would get ridiculously long. So I would just like to thank everyone and anyone who has ever replied to my posts and/or given me help and advice. I hope I have been able to help others in return during this time, and intend to continue to attempt to do this.
When I joined a year ago I never expected to end up having so much respect for so many of the regulars/experts. As stupid as it sounds, I really wish I could hold a big party and have you all come over; I would love the chance to meet so many of you. I know a thread has said this recently, but this truly is an amazing community.

I have just attempted to write a lengthy paragraph attempting to explain why I think it is amazing, but I think it got way too complicated. I suppose if I was to write in short I would say it was due to the personalities, respect, interests, experience and knowledge of its members.

I absolutely love the academic/scientific side to this forum, it totally suits my kind of thinking and makes the hobby so much more enjoyable. We should educate ourselves about our animals; we shouldn’t just accept and pass on information told to us, we should seek to find out why. It is not a case of “this is how you should look after your animal” but “this is how you should perhaps look after your animal, and this is why...”. Although I am sure someone could put that better, I feel that it is a similar belief a lot of members have, you don’t just accept what you already know, you seek out more and importantly are willing to share with each other what you learn. In a way, this works in a circle, with knowledge getting passed around.

If someone can, please write what I mean, I would really appreciate it, as I feel like I am having difficulty getting what I mean out haha!
Now I have made myself late for the airport >_<

Thanks again to everyone who has ever replied to my posts and/or given me help and advice!

DeCypher

Reaction score
I totally agree! This truely is a great forum with great people. The only thing I regret is that I did not find this forum any sooner!

~My Notos would not be as happy as they are without you guys!~

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Happy Anniversery, Rob. You've also been a wonderful contribution to this forum! We're lucky you found us too.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Congrats for your first year Rob, hopefully there will be many more to come :)
And thanx for your contributions, as you say it´s all about the flow of information! (And i too like the more scientific side of the hobby :p It may make me a geek, but learning is fun!)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1