Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Is an eheim 2213 over the top for an 80 litre tank?

antiochus

Reaction score
We had a filter leak that has destroyed the cupboard that the axie tank was sitting on. We had another tank sitting next to it with guppies. Both tanks contain 80L. We were thinking about buying a 4 foot tank cabinet to sit the pair of tanks on. One that we saw on ebay comes with an eheim 2213. Would it be too powerful to use for the axie tank? We only have one axie at the moment but we'd like another after we've got through the Sydney summer.
Thanks.

Last edited:

carsona246

Reaction score
it may be, I had a marineland c220 (rated for a 55 like 2213) on a ten gallon with a betta, and if i crammed it full of filter media it was ok with a spray bar. But axolotl's seem to be pushed around by current even more, and I would not have it on my ten gallon larvae grow out tank. It's also on my 40 breeder right now, and it still is a lot more current than i would prefer, but it works with a spraybar.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1