Illness/Sickness: Real bad swelling?

AxolotlTwins

Reaction score
Country
England
Hi
i was feeding my two axolotls the other day and my white one grabbed hold of my wild type leg and started thrashing about and he did eventually let go, but he had put a big gash in his little leg and now i seem to think it has swollen really bad or im wondering if it's infected i'm really hoping it's not infected the poor little guy :( i got some pictures of his front leg there the best i could get of him.

what do you think? will he okay and his leg return to normal or is there anything i can do to help him? i'm not sure wether to seperate him from his mate while his arm recovers? thanks if you could help really appreciate it :)

francesca

heres the pictures sorry x

Attachments

• 16012011072.jpg
    16012011072.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 16012011073.jpg
    16012011073.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 16012011074.jpg
    16012011074.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 301
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back