Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Idea for tiger salamander

maelstrom

Reaction score
hello all i was wondering if it was possible to feed a tiger salamander pieces of cooked turkey and or cooked pieces of turkey gizzards? im running low on food and was thinking =O(shockingly) lol please let me know if it is possible that way the crickets and earthworms i do have will last longer

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
I have no clue about the cooked part but I do feed my larger salamanders various peices of raw meat on occasion.

Brian M

Reaction score
You can feed large tigers pinkies ( baby mice) but only once in a while. Large amounts of meat can be unhealthy for them leading to obesity.

Brian

DeCypher

Reaction score
It sounds like something worth trying! As somebody else said, don't feed too much meat like that or they'll get overweight.

Jackulwulf

Reaction score
I dont think its legal to keep tigers in alberta? And how would you get one to eat ground beef?

As far as I've heard Tigers are legal in Alberta. They are a non-license animal and non-licensed animals are able to be bought and sold and kept legally. This information came from the TARAS, The Alberta Reptile and Amphibian Society. Alberta Reptile Laws - The Alberta Reptile and Amphibian Society This is a thread containing information on Alberta's Reptile laws. There's a link there that leads to the official Legislation on the matter. I've never seen any proof that Tigers are illegal in Alberta other then people just saying they are but I've never seen anyone provide any information to back up what they are saying is true.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1