Hello from Hungary

judit

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi, I'm Judit Fekete from Hungary. I'm a high school student. My intrest in amphibians, (mostly anura) started about 2 years ago, when I joined the Hungarian Ornithological and Nature Conservation Society (MME) because my bolyfriend adviced it. I want to be a hydrobiologist, because I want to learn about water life from mycroscopic to vertebrates and all about it's influentals. My favourites are toads, but in the near future I begun to deal with caudates (in a camp I went to a monitoring, and I found some Triturus alpestris and it was determinding :) ).
Species I have: one axolotl, one dwarf frog, two african land snails, two red eared turtle and a lot of guppies (for food). So it means one terrarium and 5 tanks (but I have one left maybe for a newt :) )
Its a nice site for me to find information, what I cannot find elsewhere! Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Judit!

I'm always glad to see young folks interested in herpetology and general ecology. If only more people were concerned about the environment, the world would be a better place!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back