Illness/Sickness: Worm sticking out of gill flap

Travis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just fed my axolotl blood worms, and one came out of his gill, a pocket like flap on the side of his face. It's sticking out there and he doesn't like it, he keeps flaping at it with his arms and legs, and stuff.

I can't pull it out because i don't want to hurt him. Will he push it out himself?

What do I do?

Last edited:
The problem should take care of itself. It's normal for stuff to stick out the gill flap occasionally.

You're right :) It's out now and he ate it. Thank you! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back