Country
England
Display Name
Sam
:happy:hi i have had some eegs arrive today i bought of this website,
done lots of research, and have got all the equipment
i wood appreciate helpful tips, advice and comments
about rearing axolotl eggs.
will post diary of my axolotl eggs and how they develop soon.
sam:happy:

Congrats!

If you have a look through the forum, there are dozens of threads about the same topic. I'm sure you'll be able to glean much information from them.

two eggs have hatched today:happy:

How exciting! I hate to be one of "those" people, but enjoy it; they grow up so fast!

another one hatched today how do you add photos?

here is a picture of all 3 lavae:happy:

Attachments

• P1010128.jpg
    P1010128.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 278
Aww, they are so sweet, all huddled together! You must be really pleased, Sam!

2 more hatchedout one was a albino (the first one to hatch) so i have had 5 hatch out but one died today sob!:( so i have 4 lavae alive:happy::D:eek:

Attachments

• P1010130.jpg
    P1010130.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 390
Keep the water cold and fresh. Foul water will kill them very easy. So what are you feeding them ?

im feeding them live daphnia:happy:

i no this isn't on topic but my guinea pig had babys yesterday here are some pics:happy::D

Attachments

• P1010129.jpg
    P1010129.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 292
  • P1010130.jpg
    P1010130.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 209
  • P1010131.jpg
    P1010131.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 228
I always change babies water with water out of my adult tank. It's a lot less likely to contain any 'nasties'.

Try not to sweat any deaths you have right off the bet. There are some genetic combinations which are not conducive to life, so it's probably not something you did. Although one time I accidently eviscerated a baby with a turkey baster. I felt terrible.

all the eggs have hatched:happy: but the last two who just hatched out have crooked tales only one of them moved and that was very little and hes stoped now:confused:

here are some pics of today:happy:

Attachments

• eggs day 6.jpg
    eggs day 6.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 388
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back