Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings From New Hampshire!

Shawnasabotage

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Shawna and Im from Nashua, NH. I stumbled upon this most informative website, right after I fell head over heels in love with Axolotls. I've never owned any type of newt or salamander before so this is all quite new to me, and I would love any and all help this forum is willing to throw upon me haha. Although I have owned many reptiles, mammals, and exotics, I have never owned an aquatic animal (not even a goldfish!) so I am completely new to the watery depths to further explain my situation :p. I do not currently own any Axolotls but Im determined to obtain an adorable couple this spring or whenever I feel Im totally ready and have all the knowledge I need to give them the proper care any animal deserves. I am in the process of setting up my 29/30 gallon tank and I must say its truly fun and a creative process which Im completely enjoying. At the moment I have many fake plants ( all quite soft I assure you :love:), A t-rex dinosaur bubbler, a cave hide, a sphnx hide, a stegosaurus decoration, and an army man....shooting at the t-rex bubbler of course! Locating sand is really difficult right now because its the dead of winter and no place around here is selling it, but I will wait because I dont want to worry about impaction but once I get some I will feel like my set up is done looks wise at least, hopefully its not too crowded though. Cant wait to post some pictures! Enough of me rambling though, its truly a pleasure to find a place with experienced owners who seem to care highly for thier pets and can offer great advice and suggestions to new owners or simply those seeking answers. Cannot wait to get to know you all in the forums some day!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Its great you are doing so much research prior to getting your future addition. How about posting a photo of your amazing sounding set up in the axolotl section?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!