Hallo

Terroricha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Name: Terroricha. Some of you may know me as Iratus Ranunculus (Latin for Angry Little Frog) from the Frog Forum, but I cannot resist site-specific puns.

Birthplace: Fairbanks Alaska

Hometown (after 10 years in AK): Mesa/Tempe Arizona

Sex: Male
Orientation: Gay, Homosexual Classification-Wookiee
Myers-Briggs Personality Type: INTJ

Education: B.S. Biology Arizona State University 2008, PhD Quantitative Biology UT Arlington, expected 2012-2013 depending on how field seasons go.

Dissertation Title:(Had to change my project a bit) Biotic and Abiotic Factors Mediating Anuran Breeding Phenology, Species Composition, and Larval Morphological Variation Across a Hydroperiod Gradient.

In other words, I am a behavioral and community ecologist who works with amphibians

Other interests include amphibian phylogenetics, phylogeography, conservation, and metapopulation dynamics and ecophysiology. As well as an oddball interest in the evolution of human sexual behavior.

Journal Subscriptions: Animal Behavior, Journal of Herpetology, Herpetological Review, Ecology.

Languages Spoken: English, German, Smidgen of Latin, Legalese

Religion:philosophical Naturalist/Scientific Pantheist. In other words, I dont believe in the supernatural, but in a very broad sense, worship the universe and the natural world. A marsh or swamp is like a cathedral to me.

Politics: So left wing I am just shy of being a communist.

Music: Classical Music, Nordic symphonic metal, Medieval Folk Music, Alt Rock

TV: Dont have one, but when I watch TV I tend to watch The Rachel Maddow Show, Law and Order spinoffs, and the National Geographic Channel. I also enjoy Rome, Gargoyles, Cosmos, Bill Nye etc. Oh and Star Trek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Gallactica, and Farscape.

Movies: Science Fiction, Fantasty, Documentaries and certain types of intelligent comedy.

Books: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Academic Texts

Sense of Humor: Dark and Jaded. I am cynic who enjoys poking at the failings of people, as well as disillusioning them of their hopes and dreams. Dont worry, I have no intention of raising children.

What I keep:
Notopthalamus viridescens
Paramesotriton chinensis

Lithobates pipiens
Lithobates sphenocephalus
Lithobates catesbieanus
Bufo americanus
Osteopilus septentrionalis
Hyla versicolor
Hyla chrysoscelis
Hyla cinerea
Thamnophis elegans
Thamnophis sirtalis
Pantherophis obsoletta
Pituophis melanoleucus
Farancia abacura

Wow! That's a fair few species! (And an 'indepth' introduction!)

Welcome to the forum :happy:

Welcome to the forum...and what an epic introduction. I look forward to reading more from you;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back