Help me axolotl is sick

Collomon

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Hi there
I got my first axolotl with a big tank, medium size rock`s as sustrate and some plants and shelters on his 3ºweek in the tank he start to be very active an swim alot and some time he floats on the surface and for what I read is due to temperature (24-26Cº). now down to achieve more acceptable range (15-18C º) but today I saw some red spots and appears red leg syndrome (bacteria) anyone know how I can treat it?
and if you can give me some advice for his habitat?

Could you post some pictures of his leg? Could you also add some info about his tank like is he on sand?? Water parameters?? Tank size?? What does he eat??
Lea

tomorrow i will try to upload some photos and the aquarium is 76x42x32 cm.I use some river stones that are big enough so he dosen`t eat them.
and all the parameters are normal according to kit.
his menu is: vipa chip (sera), tuviflex (sera) and some plodia larva with gutloading
http://www.tiendanimal.es/images_g//sera-tubifex.jpg
http://www.tiendanimal.es/images_g//sera%20vipachips.jpg
Indianmeal Moth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (in larva state)

now I have it on in a smaller aquarium without filter but with daily water changes and temperature controlled and eating artemia (sera)
Artemia salina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back