PH high please help!

kirstyandmark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
kirsty
Hi guys,
Ok so iv been having some problems with my PH in the axie tank, yesterday i teasted my water it was at 7.6 so i did a part water change, today i have tested the water again there is no change i have tested my tap water which is at 7.0. :confused:

Any advice on how to lower and stablise my PH would be great!

7.6 is just about perfect for axolotls; you don't need to adjust it.

ok i thought it should be 7.0-7.4 but if 7.6 is fine them its all goog thanks for the reply;)

Axolotls can tolerate a wide range of pH, from 6-8 is not a problem.

Axolotls can tolerate a wide range of pH, from 6-8 is not a problem.
Hehe just one more reason I LOVE axies.

We have the same pH issues, it's usually an issue with your water hardness in your tank that's bumping your pH up, our tanks have been sitting at 7.6-7.8 since they started adding desalinized and recycled water to our drinking water but it comes out of the tap @ 7. My axies are fine but Hubby has to add a pH buffer to his shrimp and fish tanks to bring it back down to 6.8 - 7.

Just watch it doesn't hit 8 as Ammonia is more toxic @ pH's of 8 and above ;) and it is outside axie comfort zones but my axie tank has been steady for months now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back