Tank rebuild

Colinna

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone

I decided to hit the LFS today and pick up some things for my Axols.

Here is a before:

IMG_1234.jpg

And the after shot:

IMG_1258.jpg

I added two pieces of driftwood with anubias attached. A resun cave/arch which I've attached two small pieces of anubias to (don't mind the rubber bands for now). Between the plants and the driftwood etc they now have a few different places to hide out.

Dino legs has already staked out his new home under the arch/cave. I circled him so you could see him...sort of...DOH!! :p

dinolegs.jpg

I only just realised that I left the shop without buying more blood worms and beef heart. DOH!! Will have to go back next week, I have enough until then.

Thanks for looking!

Looks very nice Colinna. :)
Lovely axies.. haha, great camouflager too!
Didn't realize Australian LFS's sold bloodworms, well at least not that I know of in N.S.W. :(

Thanks for that!

Mine sells frozen blood worms. Most of my local ones do I think.

Lucky! I've had bloodworms breed over here before, but only very rarely. Lots of mozzies though. The wrigglers are great, but the adults - not so much.

Hi, lovely tank and beautiful axies :happy:

Bloodworms are best fed to the axies in something like a jam-jar or pint-glass, to help reduce the mess !

I'd forget using beef-heart* altogether as it's unatural in their diet and tends to promote ill-health.

Hope this helps, KW

Edit; This might be relevant; http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/foods2.shtml

.................................................................................................................

(* I felt he was always over-shadowed by Frank Zappa)

Last edited:
Sarah - we have mozzies gallore around here but I have no idea where they are breeding. No stagnant water around here...

Thanks for that Ken! I usually put them into a glass and the drop the whole batch in one spot. They don't tend to spread it around much...yet...LOL!!

I'll avoid the beef heart.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back