Hello! let me introduce myself.

murrin101

Reaction score
Country
England
Hey everyone

I joined this forum a while ago when I got my first aquatic pets, a [FONT=&quot]leucistic Axolotl and six Guppies in a 70L tank for my birthday. However I seem to have neglected to post here even once :(.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sadly I no longer have the Axolotl or the Guppies as over the last few years I have moved on to Reef keeping, but Salamander will always have a place in my heart.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am currently studying ornamental fish management at Sparsholt College near Winchester (England). Our class is given the responsibility of taking care of a large number of tanks with an even larger number of species! In the National Aquatic Training Centre or "NATC" and to my immense delight they had a conservation project set up for Andersons Salamanders and I jumped at the chance to maintain it and so my love for the little critters has been relit. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am hoping to get the Salamanders breeding so I would be very interested to hear from anybody that has the knowledge on how to go about this. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Very excited to be here and I hope you are all well! [/FONT]

That sounds like a great project! You should get in contact with Michael Shrom; he's one of the authorities on Anderson's salamander here.

Welcome (belatedly) to the forum!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back