Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Seeking homes for axie eggs in CO

linguisticness

Reaction score
Hey all. It's been awhile since I've checked out the caudata community, but my white albino axolotl, which I thought was the same sex as the wildtype I also care for, started putting out around 50+ eggs Friday night. I'm more interested in finding homes for the eggs than I am in following the baby-raising advice I've seen around this forum. I don't care to make a profit, but would be open to selling to a pet shop or educational program if one exists in the area.

Anyone in the Denver, CO area interested in some free albino/wildtype eggs?
Anyone have suggestions for programs or shops to look into, or tips that might put me at ease as far as the possibility of waiting for some of the eggs to hatch goes?

From what I've read, I have about 1.5 weeks left til they'll start hatching, and by that point they need to be in a separate tank with daphnia and brine shrimp to feed on, and their water will need to be changed every other day.

Thanks for any advice you might have. Feel free to PM me if you have a request for some of the eggs.

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
The first spawn of 2 Axolotls usually has a very low survival rate. You may want to take this into consideration before trying to give them away or raise them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1