Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Wart like bump on my axo please help diagnose

jrock60

Reaction score
My axolotl has recently grown 4 little wart like bumps under his belly. They are not fluffy, they look like a smooth bubble with a bit of a dark discoloration dot inside much like a human wart. I have been giving him daily salt baths for the past 3 days but I dont see much improvement. I added a few images, only the largest "wart" is visible in the pics but there is one small one under his mouth, one small one at the joint where his back leg begins and 1 large one on his belly.

If anyone can help diagnose what this is and give advice to treat I would be very appreciative. i will try to post better pics soon.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,273
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,662
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 34,348

jrock60

Reaction score
No the rocks in the tank are way bigger then his head purposely so he cant swallow them. The bumps look exactly like a wart on the surface of his skin with a very slight darken tint to them. I will try to post better pics this evening.

Thanks.

Melzy

Reaction score
My axolotl has the same lump in the same place. Did it getter better?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!