Hello

lowen

Reaction score
Country
United States
My name is Leslie.
I live in Phoenix, Arizona
I currently have an 80 gallon aquarium in need of a resident.
I have kept cichlids for 8 years, but I am currently researching axolotl care.
I am a little concerned as I have run across a lot of information that seems to conflict about taking care of them.

Welcome to the forum, Leslie! You will find the answer to a lot of your questions here. Remember to use the "search" function on the home page before asking a specific question as it may have already been answered somewhere on here in the past.

That is a large tank, I suggest axolotls, but that's just my opinion ;)

Hi Leslie, welcome to the forum.
After browsing the forum, I suggest you should check out caudata.org's sister site: Axolotl.org

Thank you for the warm welcome

I've been reading so much on the site. I am excited to have found such a great reference.
Just want to make sure I have all of my info straight... I'm a bit of an information hoarder, before starting a new task. Can't risk harming my new friend.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Leslie

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back