Question: Should i fridge my axolotls

smily sam

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Sam
hi i was going to bring my axolotls in to school on thursday and was thinking of fridging them the night befour so they will be more relaxed
should i or not fridge them:confused:
sam:wacko::happy:;):rolleyes:

The fluctuation in temp is only going to stress them. Leave them be until you take them to school.

I'd have thought messing around with their temp would only bother them, to be normal temp - then cold - then normal again within only a 24hr period.

But I've never taken my axolotls anywhere apart from petshop to home! So maybe someone who's moved their axolotls about might disagree and say to fridge them.

If I may ask, why are you planning on taking them into school? Is it for a project?

so i shouldn't frige them befour how about after i bring them in to calm them down for a longer period
Erz: i am bringing in my axololtls because i showed them a diary of some axolotl eggs hatching out and developing ( i couldn't post the diary for some strange reason because it was on power point sorry:eek: i will try and put it up some where else on the web and give a link) for a project and my classe including my tutor wanted me to bring them in as i had ofered a few weeks erlyer:wacko::happy::cool:

Friding them will not calm them down for the trip. Like Eric said, they'll just be stressed out from being warm, cold, and then warm again.

I've traveled pretty extensively with my axolotls, and never had a problem with them.

so no fridging atall
thanks for advice sam:happy::eek::D:wacko:

I agree, no fridging unless needed.

A cooler should be enough to keep them happy. just keep the movemnet and light to a minimum.

By the way, if you havent already, You could use the opportunity to remove the totally unsuitable gravel shown in your avatar.

Bren

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back