Looks like I have obtained a new tank.

iChris

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Chris
My father has a huge 5 foot long tank that he is looking to unload and I mean big, it's 5 foot long, 2 foot wide and 2 foot deep, compete with a stand and hood.

How many axies could I fit in such a tank? It comes complete with a large 30L capacity canister filter, and it is currently running and has been constantly for the past 2 years, so it is completely cycled, and was used to house African cichlids.

Did I mention that my dad said I could have it for nothing? Finding room for such a large tank could be a problem, but I'm sure that I could find a space, even if it has to go in my bedroom.

I'm also after ideas on how I could "axiescape" such a large tank to make it pleasing for both axie and human.

wow I'm so jealous! I think you can house 4 in a 4ft tank so maybe 5 in a 5 ft tank??? Not sure though it depends how big they get I suppose. You can really have some fun with all that space! - I'd just have a look through all the photos in the galleries for some inspiration - good luck with it, be sure to post pics of the end result! :D

Oh lord I'm jealous! I'd say around 5 or so yeah! I'd be careful about keeping it in your bedroom, the only reason I didn't get the 6x2x2 I wanted was because it may have brought down the ceiling! lol!

Thats the same size as my new tank, ive got 4 at the mo gonna get another goldie to make 5 but I think I could easily house 6 full grown axies very comfortably!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back