Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Can I just say OUCH!!!!!

MereB

Reaction score
Caught little Fish mid poop. I can't say I had ever thought about the size of the poos I pull out of his tank compared to him and after seeing this it makes my eyes water.

How would you go pooping out something 1 and a half to two times the size of your thigh :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUCH
and this is his 2nd in as many days :eek:
Warning -> Photo contains Axie nudity viewer discretion is advised :lol:
again OUCH!

Attachments

• DSCF8194.jpg
    DSCF8194.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 207

Jake

Reaction score
A healthy animal takes a healthy dump, and your axolotls appears to be very healthy :)

Believe it or not they can even pinch bigger logs than that!

freya

Reaction score
that must hurt... what is it anyway??? looks like a stone or something or am i looking with the wrong 'just woke up'eyes?

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Freya, The axolotl's having a bowel movement.

So I have this axolotl that's kind of deformed: his back legs cross over each other, like he's doing the pee-pee dance. And he's kind of a midget of some sort, he's 3 years old and only 5 inches (13cm) at MOST. And he has had some of the biggest turds I've ever seen, even from full size axolotls! They're easily 2-3cm long, and 1cm in diameter!

freya

Reaction score
oke ^^
the poop i see from my babys is more like dark smooth shizzle...
i feed them earthworms everyday and sometimes red worms as a snack or artemia (they just love that even their to big for it) and its most of the time looking like they poop out the worm but in smoother material XD
and about your little deformed axy : poor baby! ive got a weakness for animals with an abnormal thingie... got 2 cats and they both have an eye thats deformed cause of illness when they where young.
so when i woke up and saw that poop i was like 0.0 what???
^^

MereB

Reaction score
You seem to like taking photos of axie poo.. now this? :rofl:
Good shot though.. as in it is a 'clear' photo. :)
As far as I know this is my first picture of axie poop :) Morrison seems to have a poop obcession ;) but I do like to take photos, it's a hobby and they make such wonderful models. Sure they are all looks and no brains but that's what makes them so lovable.

Freya,
LOL there may be a little course sand in there but it is my 6 month old doing what comes naturally and having a poop. He has mostly worms and a few axie pellets maybe once a week. I found that when he was younger his poop looked more like the was just expelling the whole worm but as he grew so did the poop. His looks like his parents now.

:lol: Jake but good to know :happy: and OH MY GOODNESS Kaysie that's insane :eek:

zoezakella

Reaction score
oh my word this is the 2nd axie poo picture thread I have read in the last minute before dinner whats going on here lol :D

Morrison

Reaction score
Haha lol. Now I see this thread after I posted mine :lol:

Kaytiandpixie

Reaction score
Pixie only ever poops in her food dish, and only while she is eating. i always know thats whats going on when he stops eating mid worm. then he attacks the turkey baster when i go to remove it. its like alittle game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1