New member from Connecticut :)

Skyla

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I thought it time to become an active member and not just a site lurker. Im looking into aquiring a new amphibian and would love input from those who have already owned them.

Currently I have two large-ish tanks. One 50 gal wide with a number of entertainingly aggressive cichlids and a young dinosaur birchir. The oldest members of the tank started my aquarium facination in a simple 15 gallon tank only a few years ago.

The other tank is a 40 high that was converted into a purely experimental vivarium. Halfway up is a plexiglas constructed L-shaped shelf with its own water flow system housing two crested geckos, two common grey tree frogs, and a newly rescued cuban tree frog with a broken appetite. He's recovering though :) Under that is fully aquatic with filter and bubbler housing two paddletail newts. So far so good. Still a few kinks to work out but its functioning successfully. Im just being nit-picky.

As for the rest of the home, I have two bettas, a four foot iguana, and a dog. Do the boyfriend and friend count as pets? Ha

So the newest addition may be an axolotl so on to the other forums I go!

Welcome, Skyla... yep I think my boyfriend counts as a pet lol, but hey that just my opinion lol, hope u like the site, I have learnt alot here.:happy:

Welcome Skyla, I too am from Connecticut. I recently joined this site as my pair of Axies have just given me nearly 200 babies. (Who will eventually need homes);) There is a wealth of knowledge here.

Rhandi

Hello all! Thanks for the warm welcome! Its good to know Im not the only oddball in the state. Ha!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back