How to you know...

Cheylee

Reaction score
Country
United States
What eggs won't make it? I have several creamy colored eggs and i think those are the duds but i want to make 100 percent sure before i remove them from the tank.

How do you also know when there is a fungus in an infetile egg?

I just want to make sure that i am doing everything right for these little guys.

The eggs that aren't fertile will not develop like the rest. Once you see the rest of your embryos turning 'bean shaped', you can be pretty sure the others aren't fertile. Fungus on eggs looks fuzzy, just like gills.

:) Ok. Thank you very much. Almost all of them are bean shaped now, but i'm going to be keeping my eye of the iffy ones as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back