Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Illness/Sickness: Jabba's Poorly Feet Red & Skin Peeling???

zoezakella

Reaction score
HI there, ok I noticed on Sunday that Jabbas back legs were up by her side which is not usual for her they stayed like that for a few hours. On closer inspection I noticed that her toes looked a bit red and had skin peeling off so I removed her from the tank and put her in some clean water and stuck her in the cold conservatory to aid her healing. Now that was 2 days ago and they have got worse. They are redder (look raw) and more skin is peeling off. It is only her 2 back feet not anything else. 2 of the toes are missing a bit so I figured she had been snapped at whilst my guys fed not that I saw this whilst they were feeding so could have been when there were some pellets in the tank.

My 3 axies have never shown aggression to each other so am not worried about that but am worried that her feet are getting worse not better and she is still sticking them out behind her so her back legs are floating rather than on the floor.

Now i can only apologise for the awful quality of the pictures my daughter has broken my camera so I cant use any good settings like digital macro, this is the best I can get at the moment sorry! AMEMDMENT ON ANOTHER SUBJECT CANT SEEM TO ADD ANY PICTURES TO EXISTING ALBUMS OR NEW ABULMS HELP!!!

Any advice greatfully accepted as it always seems to be poor Jabba that things happen to!

Thanks Zoe

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
There you go, a picture of Jabba :D

Attachments

• securedownload Jabba.jpg
    securedownload Jabba.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3,448
Last edited:

zoezakella

Reaction score
Thanks Julia as always for your help :angel:! One pack of Twinnings English Breakast Tea purchased and stewing as we speak!! x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1