Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Pictures of Lake Xochimilco underwater?

Beate88

Reaction score
The headline says it all. Does anyone have a good link to pictures and description of our Axolotls home, Lake Xochimilco?

Setting up a new tank and doing some research :)

Skilly

Reaction score
I have never seen any pictures of the Lake from underwater. It would quite interesting, as I have also wondered what kind of plant life and habitat is down there.

I did watch the Weird Creatures "Axolotl" episode.... what they were pulling up in nets was quite muddy and dark... lots of debris. The lake is mainly a series of muddy channels now :( invaded with invasive species of fish.

iChris

Reaction score
they were pulling up in nets was quite muddy and dark... lots of debris. The lake is mainly a series of muddy channels now :( invaded with invasive species of fish.

you're not wrong there, I would assume it has a muddy bottom, and axies don't like the light either so one can also think the lake would be rather dark and murky.

perhaps if you're looking to model your tank as such, maybe look for pictures of a riverbed or south american riverbed instead, research what plants grow in those rivers. remember, google is your friend.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!