Hello from Australia

henswifey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi i am new to axolotls....My 15 year old daughter decided it was the perfect gift for my birthday?? We have had gold fish for 20 years and moved to tropicals last year. Now the Salamander is a whole new ball game. "Felix"is golden yellow with white spots and I think pale eyes. He is quite cute and growing on me...I am under a lot of pressure to keep him happy as my daughter bought him for me with her own money. I also mind children everyday in my home (family day care) so Felix is a great source of interest for them too !

Welcome:D, you came to the right place if you want to know about axolotls.
If you have any questions just ask:happy::wacko:;)

Welcome. Best present ever eh?
Haha.. maybe I should get my mum one for her birthday. She'll probably just give it to me, saying it would be happier in my tanks. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back