Changing over to a bigger tank

shells

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just searching for any helpful tips in changing over to a bigger tank for my axies. In the new tank I plan to transfer as much of the water in the current tank as possible and will continue to sue the old filter while my new one cycles. I will be replacing my large rocks in favour of sand. If any one has any knowledge of things i need to know or be aware of please let me know as im still new to all this. Thanks

make sure you rinse your sand out really well. If your using the old filter your tank should cycle fairly quickly. Sounds like a good plan to me

I recently upgraded to a 4ft tank and made sure I transferred over 50% off the old tank water and then topped up with fresh dechlorinated water so was no worse than a water change really :happy:

Not sure how different your filters are but you can always cut up your old media and put that into your new filter.

good luck hope it goes smoothly its always exciting setting up a new tank.

Thanks heaps for the thumbs up guys. Really excited about it all...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back