ADA style tank stands

Rhysmachine101

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone!

Just wondering whether anyone on here owns a ADA style stand for their aquarium?
If so- how large is your aquarium- and have you had any problems with your stand?
Or if anyone has made one? That would be great! Looking for some testimonials not sure if I wish to build one as of yet.
Here is a link to one someone has made if you need clarification on what exactly an ADA style stand is- I didn't know they existed until today myself!

Shewey's 4 footer

Thanks for your time everyone!

Rhys

it looks amazing! and so simple! I really wish I still had access to my university workshop... but it's a good idea for a summer project :)

uhhh... I have nothing to contribute but... What is an ADA stand? Can I trust blind people and people in wheelchairs with it in a public area? :confused: Does it have kickplates or something to open the doors? Everything I've seen saying ADA never explains it, and I'm assuming you aren't talking about the Americans with Disabilities Act, being not American, and... that's all ADA means to me. D:

*so confused*

ADA stands for Aqua Design Amano- its a singapore based company that specializes in really aesthetically pleasing tanks and stands and all oher kinds of aquarium goodies!

There is a link in my first post you should have a look at Allegoriest; what he built in it is what I'm talking about- they are much more sleek and trim than the traditional 2*4 tank stands most of us would use- I know I do- as such they dont look like they would be up to supporting the weight of a tank- but apparently they do!

Here is a link to their site, some really drool-worthy stuff! :
ADA Singapore Site

Anyway has anyone had one for years? no problems?
I did some calculations today in class ( lecture was boring) and as far as I can tell they should have no problems what-so-ever in holding the weight of a couple of tanks, actually- I only got 0.0187mm change in length when a 19mm thick by 450mm pine board had 2kN resting on its end- that's slightly more than 200kg in weight!
I am almost sold: just need some word of mouth... anyone? please?

Last edited:
Sorry! Double posting to correct myself- they are not a sinapore based company- rather a company that has its own website for most countries. :) sorry for the mis-info! I am a bad person who doesn't check his facts until after the fact! I feel sooo ashamed!
Its actually a japanese company started by designer/aquarist/photographer Takashi Amano in 1982- anyway this guys has the goods! he is awesome!:D

Last edited:
Nothing grabbe me on the ADA site (maybe because I only looked at empty tanks + stands, all listed seperately), but the 1 in your 1st thread is amazing :happy:

OH, it's Amano Takashi style. That makes more sense. (I didn't know the name of his company.) And I'm fairly certain he and his company are Japanese based.

And you'd be surprised at the strength of building materials.

...Or terrified.

I'm still secretly afraid of multi level buildings. ;__;

I really enjoy the sleek minimalist thing, but it doesn't really go in my home. Also, I am poor. :(
But I do love iwagumi, which Amano seems to as well. Which is mostly how I remember the guy. (I can keep rocks from dying! ...Usually.)

memojo: I'd recommend the articles. Or his personal site. AmanoTakashi.net

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back