Help on deciding on salamander

Axolotlman112

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I had a bunch of baby axolotls that look like are going to die because of a chlorine mishap:cry:. Since I already have a 10 gallon tank and large gravel and an undergravel filter, i was wanting to get some other kind of salamander. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please do not take this as rude but my advise is to read first!!! Caudata Culture and this site!
Best of luck.

What exactly did you mean by "a chlorine mishap"?

Forgive my tone, but before I answer about salamanders I want to know how those babies are? How Many are there? How big are they? I actually have many, many more questions.

Have I missed the post asking for advice on how to save them?

I find the original post quite distressing but, to be fair, I don't know all the facts - for all I know you may have already asked for advice on these boards. If so, I'm sorry.

Reactions: Jan
It looks like I was able to save 3 of them out of 16. THe chlorine incident happened because my mom told me to use it. She thought that since we were changing the water everyday, the tap water wouldn't hurt them. I know this sounds quite horrible but you are not the only one who is sad about this.

It looks like I was able to save 3 of them out of 16. THe chlorine incident happened because my mom told me to use it. She thought that since we were changing the water everyday, the tap water wouldn't hurt them. I know this sounds quite horrible but you are not the only one who is sad about this.

How are the 3 doing?
I am sorry about what happened.

They are doing great. They go after brine shrimp as soon as i put the brine shrimp in their tank. Looks like they will make a full recovery.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back